Press ReleasesBackup Direct recognised as an Investor in People
Backup Direct back their People
Bath based Backup Direct, who offers IT back-up facilities for small and medium businesses, has achieved Investors in People status. The company, which was set up in 2003, now employs twenty people. As well as online PC & server backup, Backup Direct offers managed security, disaster recovery, help-desk and remote IT support. The company was assessed by Recognising Excellence Ltd, the Investors in People Centre for the South West.
Commenting on the award, Marketing Manager, Harry Burton, said: “We’re delighted to have been recognised as an Investor in People. When we made plans to grow the company, the ability to attract, recruit, develop and utilise the best people possible was one of our main objectives. We believe that this strategy has directly contributed to Backup Direct’s position as one of the most innovative and customer focused firms in the IT services market. We’re all very proud to work here.”
Recognising Excellence assessor Aileen Fairclough commented: “It was a pleasure to assess Backup Direct and their Investors in People status is well deserved. The business has a clear vision, purpose and core values by which it operates. Everyone in the business understands these values and how they impact upon day-to-day activities, especially customer service. Employees appreciate the commitment and effort put into supporting them and making them feel valued; they particularly like the open culture, the sense of heading somewhere and the company’s commitment to service excellence.
Everyone was very positive about working for Backup Direct and it is clear that investing in its people is helping the business to achieve its goals.”
Investors in People’s aim is to help employers across the UK to develop their businesses by making the most of their most valuable asset – their people.
- Ends -
Notes for News Room
For more information on Backup Direct please contact Brett Raynes on 0800 0789 438 or email email@example.com
Key findings from an impact assessment study, conducted on behalf of Investor in People, revealed that changes made by Investors in People organisations in the three years prior to the study, increased profit by 7.16% of sales, or £505 per employee per year. This compares to changes made by non-recognised organisations, which increased profits by 3.78% of sales or £197 per employee per year. This is equals a profit gap of £353 per employee-per-year between recognised and non-recognised organisations.
Recognising Excellence is the Investors in People advice and assessment centre for the South West. Contact Jean Hawkins, Marketing Manager jean.hawkins@RecognisingExcellence.co.uk Tel: 01452 420915
Investors in People
- The Investors in People Standard provides a framework for improving business performance and competitiveness through good practice in human resource development.
- An organisation that has achieved the Standard has been successful in adopting and maintaining its three fundamental principles: Plan - developing strategies to improve the performance of the organisation, from business goals to leadership strategies; Do - implementing those strategies, taking action to improve the performance of the organisation; Review - evaluating and adjusting those strategies, measuring their impact on the performance of the organisation.
- The Investors in People framework is promoted, developed and delivered by Investors in People UK – an organisation whose main stakeholder is the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- The Investors in People Standard is delivered by a partner network:
- In England, the network of Investors in People Regional Quality Centres.
- In Scotland, contact Scottish Enterprise (SE) or Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) for details of the Investors in People Standard.
- In Wales, the Business Skills Delivery Team at the Department for Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills, Welsh Assembly Government.
- In Northern Ireland, the Department for Employment of Learning delivers the Investors in People Standard.